Top ten reasons why ART may be the perfect present.
1. Paintings are not just for art lovers, they can be for anyone who loves the subject depicted in the painting: animals, birds, flowers, butterflies, shoes, children, nature.
2. Art is thoughtful. Every painting has a story behind it.
3. Art is unexpected. Most of us know what will be under the Christmas tree this year (same as last year and the year before). Why not give something different, and more personal?
4. Art is unique. Select an original painting, and you can be sure that nobody bought Uncle Dan quite the same thing.
5. Art is easy to buy. Visit galleries such at 20th Street Art Gallery in Sacramento, or Woman Made Gallery in Chicago. The friendly, helpful staff will help you select just the right piece.
6. Art can be affordable. If originals are too expensive for your budget try prints which are often priced at $150 and under. Where else can you get such a beautiful and thoughtful gift for so little?
7. Buy with confidence. When you have any questions about the paintings, or about shipping, returns, or anything else, the galleries will make that contact easy.
8. Support the 'little guy'. Sure, you could buy the latest shiny electronics from the mega-stores. But, every day artists – across America and worldwide – are working hard to bring you a little bit of beauty for this holiday season. We'd be delighted to help make your holiday celebration special with the perfect gift.
9. Art won't wear out or expire. A beautiful painting hanging on the wall will be a constant reminder of how much you care, long after other gifts have been used up or forgotten.
10. Think outside the box. Not everybody needs another cell phone, digital camera, or popular DVD. Give them a gift that says 'you are special to me'.